Results page shows no results with search query in URL

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results page shows no results with search query in URL

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thomas_dekoster72
    thomas_dekoster72
    Participant

We configured our Ajax Search Pro so that it redirects to the Results page when the user presses enter in the search bar. When a user does that they will be redirected to the results page with the search in the URL (parameter ?=search), yet the results show nothing.

We injected the Results using PHP in the search.php in our child theme.

I was not able to find any settings to this in the plugin and wondered if this is a bug or if such functionality is not even available.

The access given is for our staing environment and we where only able to setup a temporary FTP server with encryption (SFTP).

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for all the details. Make sure that the results override feature is enabled.

I tried to check your configuration, but the URL you provided does not work. Please note, that the results shortcode will not work as a results page – it is not for that purpose. The results shortcode is to be used with the live search – if you want to display the results somewhere else on the same page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

thomas_dekoster72
    thomas_dekoster72
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, thank you!

I see the problem now. As I mentioned earlier: Please note, that the results shortcode will not work as a results page – it is not for that purpose. The results shortcode is to be used with the live search – if you want to display the results somewhere else on the same page.

The plugin can override the contents of the default results page though, if the results override feature is enabled.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.