rtl display and search issues

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support rtl display and search issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yaniv Cohen
    benny
    Participant

I am trying to use the ajax search pro plugin on my rtl site with the Avada theme, woocommerce and visual composer. The search box does not display rtl so it is not possible to enter the search text. The input box does not display in the correct size and does not align the text to the right. The search results are very very slow and often return nothing. I purchased this plugin to improve the search options and speed on a rtl site. I do not find any rtl support and useless search results. Please advise me on the rtl functionality so that I can at least test the plugin settings, search results and speed.

The ubermenu search dropdown is using the wordpress search with the ubermenu shortcode to display the search bar. This works very well – aligns to the right – shows the cursor to type in the search term – finds woocommerce products and even the vendor products if the vendor name is used as a search criteria.

I have made a test ajaz pro search page with the default theme so that you can see the display, the issues and find the css solution if possible. The page url is: http://drugstore4u.co.il/menu-pro-test/

Note that the site is new and under development. The public will see a coming soon message as I am not ready to add more products and content until the site design and functionality are worked out.

Thank you Benny

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko. Reason: ftp data
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Benny!

I’ve been trying to access the page you have given in your ticket but I’m getting the page with the following image only: https://i.imgur.com/RFrVTpa.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Yaniv Cohen
    benny
    Participant

I sent you the login info as admin so that you can enter the site and view all the pages and the ftp. I will disable the site under construction for you but you can login at wp-admin and see the entire site.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks! I didn’t get the login details though. Could you please edit your initial post, or upload a .txt file with the details? Both methods are safe and not visible to others.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Yaniv Cohen
    benny
    Participant

I filled out the details on your support request and repeat them again
    **moved for security reasons**

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko. Reason: moved for security reasons
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve found the issues. Some of the CSS rules were overwritten by other files, but I’ve added the following ones to the search custom CSS panel to enforce the correct RTL layout:

.resdrg .image {
      float: right !important;
      margin: 0 -10px 0 10px !important;
      padding: 0 !important;
    }

.rtl .resdrg * {
      direction: rtl;
      text-align: right !important;
    }

div.ajaxsearchpro[id*='ajaxsearchpro'] .mCSB_container {
      margin-right: 0px !important;
      margin-left: 10px;
    }

.orig {
       width: 100% !important;
    }

The text should appear correctly now, as well as the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Yaniv Cohen
    benny
    Participant

Thanks
    Can you Align the filter arrow drop down to the right like the 2 picture RTL attached 2 pic before and after.
    Thanks again Benny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Of course. The following custom CSS did the trick:

div.ajaxsearchpro[id*='ajaxsearchprobsettings'].searchsettings {
      text-align: right;
    }

div.ajaxsearchpro[id*='ajaxsearchprobsettings'].searchsettings fieldset {
      text-align: left;
    }

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Yaniv Cohen
    benny
    Participant

The ajax search does not work as a shortcode entered into the ubermenu advanced custom shortcode field. You can not enter the search term in the field.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Integrating and customizing the plugin is not part of the support, but I guess I can help you with that.

The search is a dynamical element, placing into a javascript animated container might cause loss of some mandatory events.

I’ve added a few lines of CSS to make a difference.

You need an exact width and different z-index to avoid conflicts:

.ubermenu-content-block .asp_main_container {
      width: 230px !important;
    }

.ubermenu-content-block .asp_main_container .probox .proinput {
      min-width: 100px;
    }

div.ajaxsearchpro[id*="ajaxsearchprores"] {
      z-index: 1100000 !important;
    }

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.