Run AjaxSeachPro On An Independent Server for App Access

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Run AjaxSeachPro On An Independent Server for App Access

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jay
    jay
    Participant

I just installed the AjaxSearchPro on my website so I can get familiar with the tool features and configurations. My ultimate goal is to install this tool outside of my website to offload my website and only access the website database remotely on a search. I would like an independent search bar for my mobile App. My questions are:

1) can Ajax Search Pro be installed and run on a separate server and log into a website database to get search content
    2) can an App remotely connect to Ajax Search Pro that is running on a server (setup in question 1) to get the search results
    3) please provide any suggestions on how this can be made possible

Ultimately, businesses that have a website with a growing database of information would like to provide the App user access to the database from the search function.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I’m afraid no, the content has to be accessible locally, within the current WordPress database.
    2. You can get access to the search data via the WP Rest api, there is an endpoint to run queries directed to ajax search pro.

I would probably setup the website with the search. On-site search is done with that step. Within the APP I would make a search bar and make it run queries to the rest API endpoint, then process the results within the APP as needed. I suppose mobile APP frameworks (like Unity) have libraries to make fetch requests and process JSON data, that is univerally used. I believe that is the simplest, easiest and most robust solution – as queriying the REST API endpoint will not break with updates.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jay
    jay
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The documentation for the usage is here. It works like any other api, you can use fetch/GET methods to get the information, it’s returned in a standard JSON format. It’s basically the same as any other API, the REST only refers for the structure.

RESTful APIs are the common way to get information, I recommend checking this tutorial to understand what they are for. Don’t worry, it’s nothing fancy, it’s really simple, you will see.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jay
    jay
    Participant

I am new at this. I have a friend who is working on an App to get listing content directly from my website database. I want him to create a search bar and provide a dropdown of suggested items from the database when a keyword is typed in. I have the Ajax Search Pro plug-in running and I found the website database. Do you have any simple code (Python or anything language is fine) that he can use to achieve this? I appreciate your generous guidance for a little help. Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m not a python coder myself, but I found this tutorial, which is exactly what you need. That seems to explain how to fetch data via python from a web service.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.