Running into a few issues, and a couple suggestions.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Running into a few issues, and a couple suggestions.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Binge Binge 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Binge
    Binge
    Participant

I’ve had three issues so far with your search and I would love to see if these are an issue on my end or something which could be improved.

The first is that when I use ‘ ‘ apostrophe in default search text or any other text field the plugin will erase anything contained within the ‘ ‘ becomes / if I save changes to the search. So if I were to change my default search text to <Type ‘help’ to get your bearings> and then I make a change to an advanced option the text which was previously <type ‘help’ to get your bearings> will now read on my live site <Type /

The second issue is that I can not exclude pages from my searches. Without the option I don’t think I’ll be able to continue using this solution.

The third is that it would be great to be able to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll through results and use the enter key to choose a result to load. This is not so much a deal breaker, but it would make a lot of sense that after a user types in their criteria that they would be able to scroll through their results without having to remove their hands from the keyboard.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The aphostrophe is removed intentionally, it’s a security issue, for protecting the database. I’m afraid there wont be an opportunity to change this, it’s very risky. (mysql injections through search input field)

Well, page exclusion should work by entering the post/page id-s at the advanced options field on the search settings page. I couldn’t figure out a more convenient way yet to exclude posts/pages, technical reasons.

I can include this in the upcoming version, it sounds like a great idea!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Binge
    Binge
    Participant

Thank you for the information! Somehow I missed the page-id exclusion under advanced settings. Worked like a charm.

I can’t wait to see what advances this plugin has to offer!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.