Sample Value Custom Fields

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Sample Value Custom Fields

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Griggs
    Bruce Griggs
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I hope you are well.
    I have FINALLY gotten around to the integration process of my new Ajax Search. All is going incredibly well and though I am not finished, everything is working like a charm.

I do have a query though regarding another custom Taxonomy:

I am trying to set up a dropdown Custom Field selector for Bedrooms…

I have gone through your documentation but I am not too sure where I can get the sample value for the Bedroom taxonomy…

Can you tell me how or where I can get the sample value?

Thank you,
    Kind Regards.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

If betdrooms are taxonomies, you need the taxonomy filters, not the custom field filters. Custom fields (post meta) are different data structure. I believe this is what you are looking for.

For custom fields there are no sample values, as everything can be used. The values used are stored within the wp_postmeta database, and as far as I know the only way to get them is to directly check that database table.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Bruce Griggs
    Bruce Griggs
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your response. I actually got it working perfectly, I just basically used the Custom Fields Dropdown and set the sample value to 1II1 Bedroom, 2IIBedroom and so on..

I left the “Any Amount of Bedrooms”‘s Value as IIAny Bedrooms.

I am not sure if the above makes sense, but it seems to work by leaving this as a default it displays every property regardless of number of bedrooms.

Thanks for your response,
    Regards.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That sounds perfect to me, you got the ‘Any’ values right as well, it is actually an intended behavior.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.