Scroll to search

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    team8
    team8
    Participant

hello support
    i have set the search according to the documentation so that it should srcoll to the result on the page. unfortunately nothing happens.
    for example when i search for “Kirche” the right page comes up but not the right section
    can you see why it does not work?
    thanks a lot
    Sandro

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Sandro,

Thank you for the details, it helped a lot!

So, the issue was, that the element selector was a bit tricky to get, but I adjusted it for you. Currently it’s: #page-content section:not(:first-child)

This should work better, however please note that overall this feature is experimental, so it may not work in every single case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

team8
    team8
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    thank you for your quick feedback. when i try the search, the scroll to the result does not work yet. how did you test it?
    Best
    Sandro

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, i typed in “kirche” then hit enter, then I got redirected to the results page and then the browser scrolled to the “Kirchen” part, exactly like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjaOpv_Yhxo

It highly depends on the browser and operating system, some devices may not work with this feature unfortunately. I was testing on Windows + Chrome, Edge and Firefox, these worked okay.

Make sure to clear your browser cache just in case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.