Scrolling disabled within the content area – need to fix

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Scrolling disabled within the content area – need to fix

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

We are unable to scroll up or down within the content area of the results, if you are hovering over the results area itself (if you move your cursor to the side, then you are able to scroll.

Here is a screenshare video showing the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/34847774e6654dbf8161d45e9fcc8166

We tried disabling all other plugins and themes and the issue remains, so it has to be something within the functionality of the plugin.

What options do we have to fix this/allow scrolling within the content/results area?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

There is indeed an issue with the scrolling, I can confirm that. Luckily I was able to quickly find what the cause is, and I can recommend a custom code to resolve it temporarily until the next release. It is caused by a single mistake, where the horizontal mousewheel handler is used when the scrollbar is not present.

Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_remove_wheels');
    function asp_remove_wheels() {
    	?>
    	<script>
    	jQuery(function($){
    		$(".asp_main_container").on("asp_results_show", function(event, id, instance, phrase) { 
    		  $('.asp_r .results').off('mousewheel');
    		});
    		$('.asp_r .results').off('mousewheel');
    	});
    	</script>
    	<?php
    }

If you clear all the cache, this should resolve the problem for now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

This did the trick, thank you! So when the new version comes out with this fix, should this code be removed from the functions file? If so, when do you anticipate that happening?

arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

One other question for you. On the results page, it looks like the results content is centered vertically within the text area. Is it possible to align that at the top, so that the headlines all match up with the same amount of spacing below the graphic?

Here is a screenshot showing the issue: https://tinyurl.com/y86tnjjc

I realize as you go further down the description things will mis-align (if one title is longer than another for example), but they want the top most content to be aligned and have the additional spacing be at the bottom for shorter titles/descriptions.

Is that possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Surely we will include that fix in the upcoming release.

For the alignments try this:

.asp_r .item {
        align-content: flex-start;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

So appreciate the great and prompt support, all our issues are fixed! Did you see my note above? would you recommend removing the functions.php script when the new version of the plugin comes out with that fix, or is it not a big deal?

arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

One last question… on the filters we have activated, there is a “select all” option we can activate, but it shows at the top of the list of filter options. Is it possible to have that show at the bottom of each filter type, instead of the top?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome 🙂

Well, there is no easy way to move that, but maybe this custom CSS:

.categoryfilter { display: flex; flex-direction: column; }
    .asp_option_cat { 
        order: 0;
    }

.asp_option_selectall {
        order: 1;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

You are awesome!!! Thank you again! Very impressed with your support.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

arkventures72
    arkventures72
    Participant

Ok, one more question from the client…

They’re wondering if there is a way to have unique URLs for the filter types – “Is there a way to get a filter URL-for example, I want to send a client all of the urban forest management plans in our resource library. I filter by urban forest management plans, but the URL doesn’t change with search filters. We wish it said http://www.planitgeo.com/library/urban-forest-management-plans .

Is there a way for that to happen?

I did find this help document, but I’m not sure if this is quite what we are looking for or not.

Let me know, thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

There is a sort of a way, this knowledge base article should guide you how to get the filter state URIs.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scrolling disabled within the content area – need to fix’ is closed to new replies.