Scrolling to results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My search results are not right under the search bar but a little below. I would like to auto scroll to the results when a search is initiated by the user but on pages where I have auto-populate on I do not want the auto scroll to move the page. Is this possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think so, as there is an auto-scroll feature, that you can enable on the back-end here: https://i.imgur.com/RsezsQR.png
    You can enable this on the search instances where you need the auto-scroll, and leave the ones with the auto populate.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Anonymous

So I am talking about the same search instance.

I would like to use auto scroll when the user does a search but on a separate page (using same search instance) when I am auto populating I do not want it to use auto scroll.

In my theme it has been coded that if the page is associated to a category then it gets auto-populated with posts of that category. Maybe you have a snippet that can turn off the auto scroll for these pages?

The URL given has the search bar without auto populate. If you add /projets/ on the URL you get the same search instance but with auto populate.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It might be actually possible, I am not sure, it very highly depends on the exact implementation. I have constructed a custom code, that may do the trick. Change the $taxonomy and the $category (either category ID or category slug) variable accordingly. When the post is in the given category, the auto scroll argument is disabled:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.