search 1 specific page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dinis
    dinis
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to create a page similar to this – https://preview.codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/full_screen_preview/3357410?_ga=2.209047890.1714415495.1679323256-308565917.1669820720
    where the results are only from this particular page and it just automatically rearranges the boxes on the page based on what you type.
    I don’t want users to be able to press enter and get to some random wordpress page.
    I hope I’m being clear.
    I want each box on the page to be a link to different pdf files that I have in my media library.

Please advise.

Thank you!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortuntely the preview link returns the demo main page, so I am not sure which example you are reffering to. Can you please go the the demo page and navigate to the example and share the URL that way: https://ajaxsearchpro.com/

Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dinis
    dinis
    Participant

I’m referring to the main example page.
    I want a page with items and a search bar on that page that only searches that page, and rearranges the boxes as you search.

Does that make sense?

dinis
    dinis
    Participant

To clarify – I have a bunch of pdf forms that I want users to be able to download as needed.
    I want to be able to display a listing of the form titles on the page and also have an option to type in a search box and have the relevant forms rearrange on the page, so users can find them easily.

How do I set that up?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, I understand now!

It is the archive page filter feature. Basically we are using the plugin there to filter the example post type archive page. The layout is coming from the theme, which is a custom made one, the plugin simply filters the elements and refreshes it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dinis
    dinis
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Got it. Is there a way to do something similar with links? I have links to files, to external websites, etc., which I want to list on a page, but I want people to be able to type keywords in the search bar and have results sort on the page as they type. Is that doable?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Depends on how these links are stored. If they are post types or taxonomy terms of some sort, then the plugin can very likely search and return them as results.

You could use the auto populate feature too to list some of the results initially, then the users can narrow the results as they type it in.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.