Search Alternatives'-i.e. "did you mean?"

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Alternatives'-i.e. "did you mean?"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Loren Hoboy
    Loren Hoboy
    Participant

The Index includes the word “Cienega”. followed Highschool, Creek, and Station
    If I input Ceinega it askes Did you mean “finder”.
    If I input Cienege it askes Did you mean “internet”.
    Google returns the correct spelling.

If I input “fish” it askes Did you mean “find”.

The Index contains the location Pantano.
    If I input “Pantanu” it askes Did you mean “arizona”.

None of these are even close. Normally vowels are fairly interchangeable.

These do not seem to be rational alternatives. How can this be improved?
    Is there a phonetic alternative option? Or an option that looks at words in the Index for clues.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It all depends on the keyword suggestion sources.

For the maximum relevance I would suggest not using the google, and trying to use post titles and taxonomy terms (order also matters): https://i.imgur.com/5SjIvD4.png
    The keywords index from the index table is not taken into account, unfortunately most servers would not be able to handle that. We are working on a possible workaround for future release that may allow that as well.

The plugin can’t randomly guess/correct the words linguistically, that would require a 3rd party AI to make auto-corrections like the google search engine does. Unfortunately we can’t integrate those, they would be extremely for users and require a connection to a 3rd party service.

The suggestions are based on the existing data sources. A very efficient algorithm takes at most 50 000 phrases from the source and tries to get the closest possible matches within a threshold. It is fast and does not require a 3rd party service to pay for – however it is not as clever as an AI autocorrection.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.