Search Bar appears wrong

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #12411
    Jan Trier
    Jan Trier
    Participant

    Hey Guys,

    I have a problem. I already purged every cache I can!
    I purged my local cache, I purged the server cache and the cloudflare cache. I already tried 2 other pc’s but I still have the same error.

    If you look at my site: https://gamekeys-shop.de, you can see in Safari, that the Search bar in the upper right corner appears normal. But if you use Chrome or Mozilla, the search bar in the upper right corner looks horrible… I already tried to solve that, but I have no idea why it looks like this..

    Here you can see Mozilla, Chrome and Safari: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLxINxZFzovb0h1YlkzUkQ4WWs

    How can I fix this error? – I gave you also the login details, so you can check that. The search bar in the upper right corner is called “main_nav”. Add to that you can also see that the font doesn’t appear right in Safari. I set it to Arial. I also tried it with CSS and !important. But why doesn’t it change?

    Furthermore my main search bar has also a bug. Sometime the text in the search field appears right and sometimes the text is cut in the middle and appears a little bid too low… But this also varies by browser…

    Could you please check that and tell me why it isn’t working right and how I can fix that?

    Greetings and Thank You!

    #12412
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    This is still definitely a cache related issue, because this is how I see it on chrome and firefox: https://i.imgur.com/GrJVdBO.jpg
    Try clearing the browser cache by reloading the page pressing CTRL + SHIFT + R (or COMMAND + SHIFT + R on IOS).
    I’ve checked on a second PC, and it looks right as well. I usually disable all cache when making changes to styling. I’ve also logged in to see if that makes any different, but everywhere is correct.

    There is a changing media query string whenever something is changed on the search options panel, to force the changes to be apparent after reloading – but this method is easily bypassed by cloudflare or any other server side cache plugin.

    That should solve all the issues, including the font problem, as you might see a cached version of the front page. I can see the custom CSS forcing the font family. You can also use this custom CSS to force the arial font on all elements within ajax search pro:

    .wpdreams_asp_sc * {
        font-family: Arial !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.