Search barb no longer showing correctly after plugin update

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search barb no longer showing correctly after plugin update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #40411
    outofhouse
    outofhouse
    Participant

    A client site is not showing the Ajax Search Pro search box properly (looks like a css or javascript issue) after I recently updated the plugin.

    I have created a staging copy of the live site to investigate the issue. The header is created using Elementor Pro with a shortcode widget used to place the code for my search instance “[wd_asp id=1]“.

    I have tried turning off all plugins (apart from Elementor and Ajax Search Pro) and still seeing the same issue.

    In the ASP settings, the search field looks fine when previewed. I have added a couple of screenshots showing the issue on the frontend and the backend settings preview showing how the search instance should look.

    Any help much appreciated…

    Thanks
    Rob

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #40426
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you for the details, I have found the problem.

    The site URL is using the “http://” protocolol in the settings explicitly, but the actual front-end is redirected to the SSL version “https://”. That causes the issue, because the plugin tries to request the WP_CONTENT_URL constant from WordPress, but it is using the non-secure protocol URL. When the stylesheet is enqueued, then it is not accepted by the browser, because it is coming from the non-secure protocol URL.
    The best solution to this is to change the settings, so that the core site URL to the https:// version, it will avoid a lot of possible future conflicts.

    I have made a tiny change to the core plugin files to force the correct protocol it resolved the problem, I will include that in the upcoming release too, it will ignore the protocol from the settings and detect automatically which one to use instead.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #40441
    outofhouse
    outofhouse
    Participant

    Great – thanks for looking at this for me.

    Rob

    #40442
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.