Search Blog

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    raulrodriguezbcn
    raulrodriguezbcn
    Participant

Hello, I’ve created a search bar for my blog, and I only want you to show the blog articles, not other pages. How can I do that?

– SEARCH BAR: https://www.voip2pymes.com/ayuda/ (the second one search bar is the blog search. This page is not the blog it’s only a test)
    – BLOG PAGE: https://www.voip2pymes.com/blog/apps/apps-consumo-datos-moviles/ (here is a post blog, I want to find for example this one, or maybe my other 2 posts).

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It depends on the exact environment. If the blog posts and the pages are different custom post types, then choosing the correct post types will most likely do the trick. You can choose the post types under the General Options -> Sources panel, try choosing the ‘post’ only.

If you don’t want all the posts, or not all the posts are blog posts only, you can also define to include certain posts by category only.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

raulrodriguezbcn
    raulrodriguezbcn
    Participant

Ok, thanks!

I think that now is alright 🙂 Is it better to find results in the title or in the text content? Now I only have the title option… What’s your recommendation? 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    raulrodriguezbcn
    raulrodriguezbcn
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can turn off the description under the Layout Options -> Results layout panel here. The background color of each item and the overall result background can be set under the Theme Options -> Vertical results panel here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

raulrodriguezbcn
    raulrodriguezbcn
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is definitely not the custom field, if you have the title selected for search under the General Options -> Sources panel. It is more likely an exclusion/inclusion. If you have any exclusions set, check if the item is not within the excluded date range, post tag, category, user etc..

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.