Search box compact mode expanding

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search box compact mode expanding

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    martyp187
    martyp187
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to put a compact mode search box into either our header menu or top bar menu (We are usign the X theme from ThemeCo)
    If you look at the url supplied, you can see this is showing up in both locations using a shortcode, but when you click on the search icon, the search input box only ever expands a few pixels. I see the same thing if I set a fixed pixel width for the search input box in the settings too.
    Any ideas on the correct setting or css hack to allow this to expand and push either menus to the left?

Thanks for your help!

Martyn

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the credentials, I was able to check your configuration and I found the problem.

The final width of the compact box was set to 100%, which means it fits the containing element, but in your case it was only a few pixels wider.
    I have set that option to 250 pixels, now it should expand to that width instead. You can change that on the Layout Options -> Compact box layout panel: https://i.imgur.com/0ByWZ7Y.png

Plus I have noticed that the vertical alignment of the box wasn’t optimal, so I have added these custom CSS rules to the search options to correct that as well:

#ajaxsearchpro3_1 {
       vertical-align: bottom;
    }

#ajaxsearchpro3_2 {
       margin-top: 10px;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.