Search by Postal Code custom field

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search by Postal Code custom field

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by dviolante dviolante 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dviolante
    dviolante
    Participant

Hello, im contacting you to know if it is possible to make the following with your Ajax Search Pro:

Each of the products of the website will have a custom field (created with ACF) for postal code (zip code).
    We are going to assign the postal code where each product is available.

We want to make a new Page where will be named: Find products in your area.
    We want to use Ajax Search Pro for showing results. First the User must type his/her ZIP Code the search field and Ajax Search Pro have to show all products that are in the Range of Specific ZIP Codes, for example, an area will have the range of these zip codes: 01000 to 01999. And if the user types 01500, Ajax Search Pro will show ALL products from 01000 to 01999 because the 01500 zip code is under the range of 01000 to 01999 area.

Is this possible? How to achieve this?
    I hope i have explained myself correctly.

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, it might be doable, but definitely requires custom coding. You could basically create a text input custom field filter. Then hook into the asp_query_args filter, specifically modifying the ‘post_meta_filter’ key to change the current filter to one with a “BETWEEN” operator.
    I only recommend this if you have extensive programming knowledge, or you have a developer do it for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dviolante
    dviolante
    Participant

Thank you for your response!
    You dont make custom requests right?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Unfortunately we are not available for custom jobs. I usually recommend envato studio if you are looking for developers: https://studio.envato.com/

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dviolante
    dviolante
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.