Search can't find certain documents and parent posts

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search can't find certain documents and parent posts

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant

Hi,

we ran into the issue of the Ajax Search not finding certain documents. I have enabled the Index-Table Engine and enabled all the documents I want to index. Reindexing didn’t work either.

I am searching for the word “Noroviren” and there is a document that is published in a post type that is included in the index with the name “Bestellformular-bei-Noroviren”. The name in the Media Browser is “Bestellformular bei Noroviren”

I can easily find other documents attached to the same post or even the post itself. This issue occurs only in some cases but is persistent, even if I rebuild the index.

I have no clue how to go about debugging this, since I have no insight into the engine of your search plugin.

The installation is only accessible inside of a VPN but maybe I can get you log files or database exports that you need?
    For starters I have attached a copy of the database to this request. I also have some screenshots demonstrating that I can find the post by searching for its title but I can not search for the one link on that page that is linked to the document.

I can find the post including the document by searching for: “Bestellung”
    I can NOT find the post by searching for “Bestellformular”
    I can NOT find the post by searching for “Noro” or “Noroviren”

Please look into this. Thank you!
    Jonathan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, without access this is going to be near impossible to debug, but I will try.

If I understand correctly, you have posts (or other post type), and some documents, that are attached to some of the posts. You want to find & display the posts, where these documents are attached to, while searching for the attachment titles? That is not possible in general.
    The plugin can look for the attachments directly, display them, and make the attachment link point to the parent post – but the attachment is displayed, not the post that they are attached to.
    The inconsistency could be explained as well – searching a certain keyword was giving you the results, but probably because of a match on a field in the post (description or meta or other selected fields), but not from it’s attachments.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, I have a few questions that may get us closer:
    – How many posts and attachments are in the database approximately?
    – Is the exact matches option turned off? If so, can you please try this configuration if it makes any difference? (it may show a warning message, but please ignore it for now)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the answer. These are the stats:

Stats (reloads periodically) | Items Indexed: 2268 | Items not indexed: 1 | Total keywords: 439030

Exact matches is turned off. I will try the configuration…

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant

Hi,

unfortunately it still doesn’t work. The issue seems to be related to the document, I can search for the documents name as it appears on the page and it finds all the other documents that are linked on that page, but not the one I’m actually looking for. Can you find out if this document is even indexed by looking at the database? I have attached it to my first post here.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, I can confirm there are documents indexed, by the attachment ID 6289 and 6290 both title “Bestellformular bei Noroviren”. The IDs seem to match with the actual documents as well.
    This leads to a very likely probably a configuration issue somewhere, or a very specific yet unknown bug.

Is there anything in the server error log by any chance?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, that is not relevant unfortunately – it is only the post process trying to find the description context before displaying. I don’t see anything else in the debug log either.

It is a long shot, but can you please try this custom pool configuration: https://i.imgur.com/7Dy63Uv.png
    I want to rule out something. You don’t have to re-create the index table after saving that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant

Didn’t change anything, does this need time? Should I press “Continue index” afterwards? I haven’t done anything but changed the setting.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, this should be instant. Is by any chance the cache enabled? If so, then plase turn it off, to see if it makes any difference.
    Are there any exclusions set under the attachment options panel? If yes, can you please send a screenshot of it? Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant

Hi,

I have now disabled the cache, unfortunately it didn’t change anything. The pool size does not affect the results I get.
    Here are the settings of the attachment options panel. No excludes here.

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, then can you please export your search instances here and send it via a text file.
    I will try to parse throught the options, maybe there is something I can spot.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

AdditiveFX
    AdditiveFX
    Participant

Hi, I have attached the export. Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, I can’t see anything abnormal there. Although I can only check via the source, so I may have missed something. I’m sorry, I honestly don’t know what might be the issue here. I strongly feel that there is something in the configuration, but I can’t see it in the export source. I can’t import the search to check, as there are different taxonomies, terms and object IDs on your site, so those wouldn’t be visible that way.

Please let me know if you can arrange access somehow.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.