Search configuration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EricB
    EricB
    Participant

We are trying to configure Ajax Search Pro search settings to our needs but are having problems with the desired configuration. This is related to tag nesting, we would like users to be able to search for multiple child categories of a parent. So the logic would look like

( (Child-1-of A OR Child-2-of-A) AND (Child-3-of-B Child-4-of-B) AND (Child-1-of-C) )

Where each child has been checked by the user. Is this possible in Ajax Search Pro?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I understand correctly this is not possible. Tags as results are not affected by tag filters, only post type results are.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

EricB
    EricB
    Participant

Oh I’m sorry I mistyped. We are using categories with parent-child relationships for organization. We’d like to be able set the filter to select multiple children of the same parent and display all results that match any of those. But we haven’t been able to find a solution.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

To display results that match at least one chosen tag is possible. If you use taxonomy terms then changing this option, for other taxonomy terms changing this option will force that logic.
    However the final logic would be:

( Child-1-of A OR Child-2-of-A OR Child-3-of-B OR Child-4-of-B OR Child-1-of-C )

and not:

( (Child-1-of A OR Child-2-of-A) AND (Child-3-of-B Child-4-of-B) AND (Child-1-of-C) )

This only works for separate taxonomies. Each group between the ‘AND’ operators has to be in a separate taxonomy in order to achieve this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.