Search Database Connect

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stanptt
    stanptt
    Participant

I have hopefully a simple question that maybe I am making complicated. My questions is how do I link a database file so that it shows up in the search results? Don’t laugh, I am a novice and I have tried for hours to figure it out on my own.

I am trying to set up a page where people can enter a search for karaoke songs and just simply see it the song exist in the data base or not, they don’t need to link to a file or anything else, just see the results.

I have the database on a post: https://djforalloccasions.com/karaoke-song-list-by-artist/
    and in a tablepress short code: [table id=3 /]

I am also having some I believe unrelated problems with loading the data base, as it is quite a big file, again I know this most likely may have nothing to do with your plugin.

What I ideally would like to do is have the search bar at the top of a page with the full database in either a tablepress, text, excel or PDF like this page I am trying to get to work: https://djforalloccasions.com/list/

However the search bar on this page does not show the the songs in the database below the search bar and it also won’t load on my mobile device. If nothing else just show me how to connect the search to the database on my site

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details, it helps us a lot.

Okay, so I have tried to open the linked page, but unfortunately I am not seeing anything there.

From your description I’m guessing that the data is stored within a tablepress table (?), and then the table shortcode is used on that given page. In order to search and return the contents of that page, you will have to use the index table engine.

One thing to note, is that the plugin cannot return parts/lines of a file as separate results, that is way beyond it’s capabilities. The results have to be separate WordPress objects, like Posts, pages or custom post types, or taxonomies etc.. Filtering table/file lines requires a custom made solution, as each implementation is vastly different from one another.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.