Search has died

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kitemonkey65
    kitemonkey65
    Participant

If you need ftp access, I can generate, it’s on flywheel so it’s not just a simple u/p 😀 There is an initial htaccess login first:

woofersite / electronics

This plugin has been great for us, customer love it!

However, it has died just recently and we’re mystified as to why that’s happened, usually updates have gone in with no issues at all. Can you get a look and see what may be the issue? Ive tried with most plugins off, no change and we replaced the version (it was the same version) and no luck there either. Many thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

I have tried to log-in via the back-end access details, but it didn’t work unfortunately. I may not need it though. Can you please try these configurations, it may resolve the problem:
    – Config #1: Image1 and Image2
    – ..if does not work config #2: Image1 and image2
    – ..if still no luck, then: Image1 and image2

After making each change, clear all layers of cache for them to take effect. Let me know if any of the combinations worked.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kitemonkey65
    kitemonkey65
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I tried again on both dev and live sites, but the log-in details does not work unfortuantely.

Are you sure this option is turned on? I am seeing all the plugin scripts in the site header, but they should be in the footer. If it is turned on, then something else moves the plugin scripts to the header – either a custom code or a cache related plugin.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kitemonkey65
    kitemonkey65
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I tried via the live site via the wp-admin interface, as well as the site front-end login but no luck. The front-end login gives an error message, that the user name does not exist, please see the screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/iFxCvnv.png

One thing I noticed, that a container element as well as other elements are missing from the search output HTML code. Is the search shortcode used there, or the output somehow copied there via HTML?
    If you are using a shortcode, then can you please deactivate, delete and re-donwload and reinstall the plugin? Please use the WordPress plugin manager, and no FTP to update if possible. I suspect some files may not have been updated correctly and the output of the older versions printed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kitemonkey65
    kitemonkey65
    Participant

Hey there, just a quick followup on this, it is now working once more. I strongly suspect the customer themselves fucked around with how it had been done before so I recreated the menu shortcode and voila, its working fine now. Whats the optimial setup for the setting we went through before?

(and btw, my apologies, I had typoed the user id, it should have been davidh@admin )

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay, that’s great then.

I recommend this setup: config #2: Image1 and image2
    That only loads the miminum required scripts, without jQuery requirements on the core code. Should be the fastest of all.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kitemonkey65
    kitemonkey65
    Participant

Thanks again Ernest, appreciate the help, have a great day, that deserves a 5 star rating on codecanyon 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Search has died’ is closed to new replies.