Search in Buddypress Custom Fields

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search in Buddypress Custom Fields

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by jonadeis jonadeis 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jonadeis
    jonadeis
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any way to search in the buddypress custom fields? Because now only searchs in the first field that is by default.

Thanks in advance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Currently only regular custom fields (for posts, pages, and custom post types) are supported due to the very different structure of buddypress.

Are you using any plugin for custom fields or the built in ones? I’m currently working on the upcoming version of the plugin, I can add your request to the list if you want to. I can’t promise the implementation, but I can try.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jonadeis
    jonadeis
    Participant

I have installed an advanced custom field pro plugin, but in buddypress I’m not using it, in buddypress I’m using the default field creator of this, users/profile fields/, there is only one field by default (the name field) and I typed there only the names like Steve John, I created a field with the last names, so when i make the search, the plugin only searches in the names but no in the last names, so it’s possible? :/

jonadeis
    jonadeis
    Participant

its possible??

jonadeis
    jonadeis
    Participant

Please, could you answer me if it’s possible???

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve been trying this lately, but it doesn’t seem possible unfortunately. I tried to edit the current version but with no luck. Perhaps for the next version I can work out something. It should be released in a week. I will try to contact the plugin developer till then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jonadeis
    jonadeis
    Participant

thanks, i would appreciate that

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.