Search in content just shows page content is on.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search in content just shows page content is on.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HealthW
    HealthW
    Participant

Please don’t put this question out on the web as it contains private information and images – thanks

Hi,
    I have two search bars set up. The one I’m having a problem with is “Search Pro – main search bar”

In the main, the search works very well, however, I do have a problem. If I put in a term into the bar which is within the content of the website even if it is the exact phrase, it doesn’t show. The search results show the page the content is on but doesn’t show the actual text as a clickable link. Please see attached image.

The item is not a page or post heading, it’s a report, so how do I get it to show in the results box? I’ve had a play with the settings, but can’t get it to show.

Can you help?
    Many thanks.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by HealthW HealthW.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by HealthW HealthW.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the proper details and screenshots.

The problem is that those elements are not individual post type objects, they are simply a text part of the page. From the plugins perspective it is not possible to distinguish elements on a single page, it has to be stored in the database as post/page or any other custom post type. If there was some sort of service page or post assigned with those elements, it would be possible to return those as results. I see it is pointing to an attachment, if you enable attachments as results, it should find it, however with the attachment title and description, as that is the one stored in the database with the attachment.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

HealthW
    HealthW
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.