Search in current product category

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search in current product category

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Keymaster
3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Participant

Hello,

We are using AjaX Search Pro on our website and are really happy with it.

I would love to offer our users the possibility to search for products within the current product category. Since we have quite a few categories ( approx. 50) it is not an option for us to have the user choose the specific category from a dropdown.

Is there any way to limit the search to the current product category only?

Or even better, is there a way to limit the search to the filtered products in the product page? Maybe an example explains best what I mean:
    The user looks at the product category rings. He uses the woocommerce product attribute filters to get only rings with the material gold. Is there any way to implement a search form that enables the user to search within these gold rings for rings with diamonds?

I am pretty sure that there is no backend option for this and that some coding will be needed. Thats no problem, I am willing to go through it. I just would appreciate any help that points me in the right direction and gives me a start.

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

The first one should be actually possible. There is this knowledge base article, that explains how to do this with posts and categories, I will try to construct a custom code based on that.

This should be very close to a possible solution:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Participant

Hi Ernest,

thx for the fast reply.

It seems to work fine.
    When I copy it in the functions.php file It is used by all search instances.
    Is there a way to limit it to a certain search instance?

Regards
    Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It is actually possible:

Just change the $search_instance variable on line 7 to the search instance on which you want this code to be applied on.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.