Search index not working as I need

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search index not working as I need

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by RichMinx45 RichMinx45 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Hello, you can find my test shortcode pasted here xxxxxxxx if you login you can see my settings.

Below is our conversation on envanto. Hoping you can help. Thank you

————————————————

Hi there! I am wanting to use the plugin for woocommerce and was wondering if you can.

1. Search via attribute at the same time as title – with a result as such, eg Surfboard green, so pulling info from the title “surfboard” and attribute eg “green” and showing any products with surfboard in title and green in attributes.

2. Can you just do a keyword search and remove the dropdown that states “generic filters” – exact match only, search in title, search in content etc.

Thank you!

3 days ago Flag
    Hi!

1. Yes, you can do that when using the index table engine.

2. Yes, by default the filters are disabled.

Best regards,
    Ernest Marcinko

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by RichMinx45 RichMinx45.
    RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Oh sorry here is a video demo of what I have done so it makes it easier for you thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by RichMinx45 RichMinx45.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for all the details, it helps a lot 🙂

Okay, one issue was, that by default single character words are ignored by the search for better accuracy. The other issue was the keyword logic. By default word beginning and endings are also considered as matches – so anything containing the entered keywords was a potential match.
    According to your needs, I made the following changes: https://i.imgur.com/djVSUYg.png

There is still a chance that some unwanted results will appear – as each word is compared against each field – and for example if the “8” is contained within any other selected fields.

I am sure however, that it should give you much more strict and accurate results now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Ah thank you so much!! Will play around more and let you know if any other issues, Cheers, have a great day 🙂

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

The only thing I just noticed is those terms that appear when no results are found, I think I mentioned them i the video, I would like to remove those as they dont make sense for the site, or is there anyway to create your own relevant terms to be displayed with no results are found? Thanks again

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, I forgot about those.

Those are the keyword suggestions, you can turn them off here: https://i.imgur.com/w2dSVX7.png
    You can use different sources on that panel, if you prefer, but unfortunately you cannot add your own phrases there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Hello may I ask you what support system you use right as I find it really good, thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are using a customized/custom coded bbPress installation 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.