Search instance in category description does not work

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search instance in category description does not work

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    misterfu
    misterfu
    Participant

I installed the plugin, configured a first search instance, activated it via “Theme search bar replace” – and everything works perfectly. 🙂

However, when I create a second search instance and add it via

[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=2]

or

[wd_asp id=2]

to a category description, it just looks like this:

https://www.jawattdenn.de/archiv/kurze-fuffzehn

As you can see on the very same page (top right) the default search (theme search bar) works, but I wanted to add a second search (configured differently) just on this category page for a specific category of posts.

Do you have any hints what went wrong and how to fix this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

It looks like the output of the search is altered. I am seeing multiple paragraphs and removed HTML tags in the page source. It looks like the category description field is probably furhter processed or not fully supports shortcodes.
    By default WordPress category descriptions does not support shortcodes, only plain text. If you are using some sort of a custom code to allow that, you may have to check that. A similar issue is reported here, they resolved it by removing a specific filter hook from the term description code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.