search instance not showing options correctly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support search instance not showing options correctly

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #8375
    Minesh
    Minesh
    Participant

    Have installed the search function plugin. Setup 1 search instance. When clicking on options. I get the follow screenshot error. Please help correct this otherwise I cannot use the plugin at all.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #8377
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    Can you please check the log-in details? I’m not able to log-in with them.

    It looks like as if the page is unfinished or unprocessed, I have not seen this issue before. If you can, then please also provide temporary FTP details to your test environment, I might need it.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #8378
    Minesh
    Minesh
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    #8379
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    Thank you for the details, it helped me a lot.

    I have found multiple issues, unfortunately only one was partially related to ajax search pro.

    1. The jquery script was missing from the header on some admin pages. I’m not sure what’s causing it, it’s probably a cache or minification related plugin. Anyways, I have found a workaround by editing the search plugin back-end code. I will probably implement a similar solution to the upcoming version, as I think this can be avoided.

    2. After some investigation I have found that the ClickMeter Link Shortener and Analytics plugin script is loaded on each and every back-end page of the website – which I think it shouldn’t be. Mostly because there is a line of code, which finds the element with the ID of “content” and removes all the HTML tags from it’s content. That’s what causes the issue, as the search options are contained within an element of which the ID is “content”. I recommend disabling that plugin until you configure the search, it will solve the problem.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #8408
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Meanwhile the ClickMeter plugin author contacted me:

    “I would say that our plugin since 1.2.5.6 version should not cause the issue.”
    – Andrea Valenzi

    Updating the ClickMeter plugin to that version should solve the problem. Thank you Andrea for this information.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.