Search is loading slow and consuming a lot of CPU resources

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search is loading slow and consuming a lot of CPU resources

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ssoulless45
    ssoulless45
    Participant

The search is causing a loading bottle neck, it’s consuming incredibly high CPU resources, however this is weird since it was working ok few days ago, now it is causing our website to consume all CPU resources when more than 1 user is using the search, also it is taking too long loading… Could you please check whats going on?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

How do you know it is the search causing issues?

I checked the performance tracker, but the avarage time the search finishes a query is 0.08 seconds, which seems perfectly normal. The memory consumption is okay as well: https://i.imgur.com/lWrQ9Iy.png

You have a decent number of plugins active (48), and navigating on the admin dashboard takes a bit of time. Since the performance tracker reports a significantly lower number for processing the search, than the response time, the bottleneck is more likely caused by one or more plugins – as they are loading during ajax requests as well.

You can also make sure to have the best possible performance, by changing these options:
    – Enabling the custom ajax handler: https://i.imgur.com/2w2qVsH.png
    This prevents some plugins to load fully, improving the response time.
    – Clearing all of the filters, if you are not using them via this plugin: Custom Field and Taxonomy
    This optimizes the quers as much as possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.