search is not giving obvious results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support search is not giving obvious results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacqueline Jones
    Jacqueline Jones
    Participant

Hello,
    There are two phrases must show up in the site’s search results but i can’t figure out the necessary settings:

this phrase doesn’t show up in the search at all:
    Find an eye doctor

This phrase shows up as number 22 in the search list:
    Find a doctor

both phrases are extremely important because the website is about glaucoma (a disease of the eye). They should turn up very close to the top of the list of search results in the subject line.

there are other searches with the same kind of problem.

thanks!
    jacqueline

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for all the details, it helps us a lot!

It was only a minor configuration issue with the index table. The stop words feature was enabled, and the keywords list contained the word “find” – so it was not having any effect on the search when entered, in fact it caused the search to fall back to a secondary logic.
    I turned off that feature, and now every result seem to look much more relevant.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jacqueline Jones
    Jacqueline Jones
    Participant

thanks so much! i get it — it makes total sense. easy fix, but i missed it!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problem, I am more than happy to help 🙂

If you don’t mind, I will close this topic soon and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin and have not rated already, feel free to leave a rating on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.