Search is not working properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search is not working properly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shanksmax16
    shanksmax16
    Participant

Hi,

I am using Divi theme and using “content by user” filter to only show pages/posts in the result created by a specific user.
    I want to control what’s comes in the results.
    So far plugin is working almost fine except 2 areas I need your help with.
    1) search result does not list 3 specific pages when I use other part of the keyword
    e.g. “outbound smtp” is the page name and when i search for “smtp” nothing shows up but for “outbound” keyword is works.
    same issue with other 2 pages (rest of the pages are working fine)

2) Can I override my Divi theme’s search result page? I tried your instruction to override result page but for some reason default result page shows up.

Thank you in advance.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. I believe on the live results list the limit is going to be the issue. There are actually 10 matches for “outbound smtp”, and the default search limit is 10. Once the search gets the 10 results it immediately returns them. I assume there are more relevant matches from the other group.
    I recommend perhaps increasing the limit to 20-30, and enabling the distribution: https://i.imgur.com/NFyPfdZ.png

2. I am actually seeing the same results on the result page. The ordering can be a bit different due to the grouping on the live results list, but as far as I can see now, they all look the same.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

shanksmax16
    shanksmax16
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Thank you for your reply and solutions.
    one more question, on the result page can I group results? pages and posts together? (like how it shows on the live results)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The plugin can not affect the search results page layout unfortunately, so I’m afraid that is not possible. It may have to be custom coded.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.