Search is too slow.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #36302
    krupa.gocreative09
    krupa.gocreative09
    Participant

    We are using Ajax Search pro on our website here – https://shootersdelightstaging.gcdev.com.au/shop with shortcode – [wd_asp id=2]. The search location is in the header. When we search any keywords, it takes 2 minutes to load the result. I have left the comment for the same on the codecanyon and following reply from your team. We have checked the server resources and there is no usage spike of the resources. Would you please bug this issue and let us know the solutions. Thanks.

    That actually may mean the opposite. If that was surely a programmatical issue, it should take 2 minutes for the second request as well – as the same operations are replicated. Is this happening only on the staging, or on the dev and live environments as well? Once we had a very similar issue reported, and there was some limitation on the staging server on that specific host. Some queries were flagged and were queued and delayed – to perserve the shared staging performance. Another very similar issue was, that during the process of requesting the featured images, some other 3rd party process executed and basically took a minute to finish every time. It is nearly impossible to tell unfortunately only by looking at the front-end. If you want, you can open a support ticket with FTP access to both the live and staging environments, and I will manually debug the queries step-by-step to see where it hangs. If the dev/live server work without the issue, then it is probably only some query limit on the staging server. If not, then go with the support ticket and I will take care of the rest.
    Best regards,
    Ernest Marcinko

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #36311
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you very much for the details, it helped us a lot.

    I did a full code review and debugged the queries – and found the issue. Luckily it was not a code issue, nor a server problem. The exact matching was enabled, which completely negates the index table. I have turned it off, it should be fine now: https://i.imgur.com/YjoZtQ2.png
    Whenever that option is enabled along with the index table, a warning message is shown, but it may have been supressed via an ad-blocker or similar.

    Anyways, it should be fine now 🙂

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.