Search layout query

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by jukka18 jukka18 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

HI there,

I developing a holiday letting website and love your search plugin but would like the layout to be similar to the attached as from your plugin info on code canyon (see attached image). Id like a slider for price + Number of Beds + various other specifics relating to each property. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP as IM really struggling to figure out how to sort this out and Im on a very tight deadline. I just need the search to consider the property pages only! not any other parts of the site. I also like the search box design with a single background colour as shown in the attached example you have proved on Code canyon.

Thanks again

Wayne Hilton

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone could give me an update on the above query??? We need to finish the project ASAP.

Thanks

Wayne

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne!

To create such layout you need a good knowledge of custom fields. The image you sent me is the demo search engine with custom field filters. What it does, is filters the results that match the criteria, as configured on the back-end.
    Each of the filters has a related custom field to it. For example the price slider on that picture is connected to the “price” custom field, which is set to a number at every post. So you will need to know which custom fields you want to use first.

There is a short description in the documentation on how to create and use these filter boxes, please read it very carefully: Custom Field Filters

I’m sure you will understand it quickly, it’s intuitive once you get the hang of it.

To get that exact design, select the “Demo – Isotopic Blue” (last option) from the theme selector list, which is the first option on the Theme Options panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Also, it is possible to change the position of the settings. (you can even move it to a different settings position with the settings shortcode)

On that demo, I’m using the “Block layout”, which displays the settings box under the search bar: https://i.imgur.com/i3zGedW.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I’ve changed it to the isotopic Blue but its not showings in your example? Could you please have a look at this for us as were on a deadline for tomorrow morning. Would be great if we could just get it set up similar to your example with the options for Birds/ Price and then we could then tweak the rest.

Thanks

Wayne

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne!

So, I went a bit over the support duties and configured the plugin almost exactly as it is on the demo page.

There were no custom fields for the price and the number of beds, so I have created them for both the “Point Break” and the “Beach Retreat” posts. One custom field is the “room_price” the second is the “room_beds” for intuitive names. I have added fake values to them, just to test. If you edit them and scroll down, you will see: https://i.imgur.com/OTNVPtb.png

Then I created two sliders, one for the beds count and one for the price. I have also reduced the character settings to 0, to trigger the search even if no search term is used.
    You can edit these sliders on the Frontend Search settings – Custom fields tab.

So based on this, you can add more and more different custom fields, that you want to filter. But all of them must be defined for every Room, otherwise it won’t show up in the results. So if you keep adding new posts now, you will have to add (defined) the “room_beds” and the “room_price” custom field for that room, otherwise it will get filtered out and never shows up as a result.

Before experimenting with search options, I suggest exporting the settings on the Export/Import submenu: https://i.imgur.com/yE5rWI0.png
    That way you can revert back the changes in case of misconfiguration.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for your help – SUPERB SERVICE!!!!!! I will be recommending your plugin to a number of designers.

Is there a simple way to alter the spacing between each variable so for instance if you look at the site:

http://www.hilton-media.com/northumberlandcottages

Can I reduce the space between the ‘Wifi’ and ‘Garden’ radio buttons.

Thanks

Wayne

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You are welcome!

Well, I would recommend using this custom CSS to change the field witdth to auto and to add margin instead:

div.ajaxsearchpro.searchsettings fieldset.asp_custom_f {
        width: auto !important;
        margin: 9px 15px !important;
    }

You can add this code search plugin Theme Options – Custom CSS panel, or your theme custom CSS section. (if it has any)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

Thanks Ernest – Thats AWESOME!!!!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Feel free to ask here if you need help, or something is not working.

If you like the plugin, you can leave a rating on it on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

HI Ernest,

Sorry quick question I’ve set up a Location option set up which doesn’t seem to be working, all the three properties on the system are set up with room_location and the value – Beadnell and Seahouses Area. When you choose this on the search nothing is happening any ideas?

Type: Select

I have it:

Hadrian’s Wall Country||Hadrian’s Wall Country
    Hexham and Area||Hexham and Area
    Newcastle Upon Tyne and Area||Newcastle Upon Tyne and Area
    Northumberland Coast||Northumberland Coast
    Alnwick and Alnmouth Area||Alnwick and Alnmouth Area
    Beadnell and Seahouses Area||Beadnell and Seahouses Area
    Berwick Upon Tweed Area||Berwick Upon Tweed Area
    Craster and Embleton Area||Craster and Embleton Area
    Morpeth and Area||Morpeth and Area
    Warkworth and Amble Area||Warkworth and Amble Area
    Northumberland Country||Northumberland Country
    Kielder and Area||Kielder and Area
    Rothbury and Coquetdale||Rothbury and Coquetdale
    Wooler and Cheviots||Wooler and Cheviots
    Scottish Borders||Scottish Borders
    Northumberland-Cumbria Border||Northumberland-Cumbria Border

Thanks

Wayne

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

After a while I found the cause. It wasn’t that field, it was the pet friendly radio. The wrong custom field was selected, so it excluded everything. I’ve corrected that, now it should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jukka18
    jukka18
    Participant

Thanks Ernest – AWESOME!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.