Search multiple "post widgets" from a single search bar

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search multiple "post widgets" from a single search bar

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MCDSYS
    MCDSYS
    Participant

Hi Support

We are in the process of setting up a site, where the “videos” section needs to be separated into multiple categories.
    (at present we have only added two of them, “Yoga Poses” and “Transitions” – however there will be 8 in total)

we have added these using the “elementor post widget” and then added the search functionality with Ajax Pro.
    Please visit http://mcds1.sg-host.com/videos/ to see this.

Our issue is that the search function only effects data in the first post widget (Yoga poses) , and we need to it apply to content in all widgets.
    (an excellent example of what we are trying to achieve can be found here – https://www.triyogi.co.uk/on-demand-video-library)

Can you explain how we can achieve this please?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid this may not be possible at all. There are many reasons, but mainly it is because how generally WordPress works. Each search bar can be attached to one Elementor Posts container only.

Even if there was a way to override all widgets at once from the same search bar – each of them would display the same exact results – as it is the designated container for the same search query. I suspect that is not what you want here – you probably want the Yoga Poses results in the first and the Transitions in the second etc..
    This is unfortunately not possible. It is a very complex issue, I don’t think this is possible at all in general, and even if so, it may be extremely problematic.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

MCDSYS
    MCDSYS
    Participant

Thankyou for taking the time to respond and explain.
    As you said, not quite the answer I was hoping for – but if it is simply not possible then I accept that

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I am very sorry I could not help with this. Usually I recommend a customization or a simple code snippet, but this is not the case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.