Search multiple tags

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tenlie
    Tenlie
    Participant

Hello—

I would like to create a search instance in which users can search multiple tags at once. I will be selling furniture on my site, and I want them to be able to come to the home page and type I am buying “sofa, table, chair” in “modern” style in “mid-range” price range and then to redirect to a page in which all of these results appear at once.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you mean multiple search inputs, then it could be possible, but only on different custom fields, as custom field filters. Basically you can create multiple text input filter fields for each custom field.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Tenlie
    Tenlie
    Participant

Hello —

This is not quite what I mean…I mean can users search for multiple items at once. FOr example I want to *type* “table, chair, rug” into one search bar and then it redirect me to a search results page showing only those items.

Is this possible?

Also — the plugin keeps being removed from my site because of malware. Can you please advise?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, by changing the keyword logic from the default AND to OR, it will match either of the keywords: https://i.imgur.com/4kFAyZu.png

Can you please tell me all the specifics about the malware? It would be very important for me to know which code exactly is triggering the malware detector. Can you please also tell which malware detector is it (plugin or service)? If there are no details, can you please ask for them? It could be very important.
    In 99% of the cases these are false positives, as the plugin is quality checked on multiple channels, but I want to be completely sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tenlie
    Tenlie
    Participant

Thank you I will try to implement this and test it.

So I keep receiving the same email — attached here. I can reupload and keep the plugin for about a day but then it always gets pulled from the site.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is not much information they told you there. Can you please ask them for all the technical details? You can link this thread as the proof that I am the author, and it would be really great if they disclosed what the issue is.
    They can also contact me via this email address: [email protected]

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.