Search not working on Homepage & some other questions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search not working on Homepage & some other questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    esupport
    esupport
    Participant

Hi,

Our site : http://www.quanmax.com

I am new to this plugin. It looks nice and good.
    Some questions hope your help.
    – On our homepage. It seems not working.

– There is a blank area under the search bar. Hope to remove or modify it? screenshot:
    http://nimb.ws/OTUEtJ

– How to speed up the site search? I modify the Pool sizes. The speed seems not get faster.

– Can I get search result only clicking the search button without input keywords?

– Is it Instant Search feature? Can user get search & get result when input keyword? If yes. Where is the settings?

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the proper details, and you kind words. I used both the back-end and FTP access to make adjustments. I will explain them below.

Menu home page search issue
    The problem was caused by how the menu was containing the search bar. Until the search icon was clicked, the search bar was actually not present on the page. Once the button is clicked, a custom script copies the search bar to the page – however this causes a problem, as it is not initialized properly this way. I quickly constructed a custom script, which I placed to the bottom of the functions.php file in your theme directory, please do not remove it. It adds an additional script, that will initialize the plugin, once the menu search icon is clicked.

For future reference this is the custom code:

Blank area under the bar
    This was also related to the menu, namely the links under the menu are styled to be 90px in height – and since the search was not initialized it was seen as an empty space.

I have placed this custom CSS to the search settings to reset the height of the ‘try these’ links:

.inner_tooltip .asp-try,
    .inner_tooltip .asp-try a {
        line-height: 16px !important;
        height: auto !important;
    }

How to speed up the site search?
    The pool sizes are only directly related to the performance in cases where the database is huge. I recommend checking this section of the documentation, especially tips in section 1 and 2: Documentation – Search Performance

Can I get search result only clicking the search button without input keywords?
    Yes, you can define the trigger actions, and the number of characters to trigger the search under the General Options -> Logics & Behaviour panel: https://i.imgur.com/MSvh7Cj.png

Is it Instant Search feature?
    Unfortunately there is no instant search feature yet available.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

esupport
    esupport
    Participant

Hi,
    It’s awesome.
    Thank you a lot for your very detail support.

You modify our functions.php file.
    I never modify it before.

Is it ok for the wordpress , theme, plugin update?

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

The functions.php can get overwritten upon a theme update. I recommend keeping a copy of this custom code, in that case. If you want to make sure it is permanent, you can create child-theme, and use the functions.php in the child theme directory for custom codes. That way all the modifications remain permanent, as child themes are not changed by updates.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.