Search not working properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search not working properly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    calidewberry
    calidewberry
    Participant

I purchased your plugin to use on a site but I have used a different plugin on that site so I am going to try and use your plugin for a new site. The search page url is http://giastudio.co.za/library/
    I have been through your notes but I am not sure I can achieve the type of filter I would like.
    Please can you assist me.

Here are the:

1.) the dropdown feature does not allow me to SELECT ALL items in the list – it forces me to select only one item in the list which therefor prevents me from searching all the others for keyword i want to. (The checkbox feature is not an option here as there are too many and it crowds the page.)
    2.) In General Options > sources… i have chosen to only search portfolio-posts but when I do a search there are two problems:
    2a.) the search returns results from everything on the website (posts, pages, portfolio)
    2b.) even though I have checked exact match the keyword search returns everything.
    (eg: i only have the word audi in one post called “Automotive Industries Magazine Vol 194 Issue 3” but when I search for the word audi there are many returns from all over the site)
    3.) how do I go about having the latest items display below the search and filtering out the ones that don’t apply as I choose the filters.
    4.) I also couldn’t find the date filter – is there one?

THIS IS THE KIND OF FUNCTIONALITY I WANT TO USE.

This is the search I created for my first site with a different plugin – it is simple to use but the search is not intelligent enough in that there is not predictive keyword options and no exact match options.
    All the other filter are great – although it does not work with ajax page loader (as far as I know).
    http://aln.getknown.co.za/resource-library/
    THE TITLE AND FILTERS ARE CUSTOM TAXONOMIES

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Cali,

1. You have actually found a bug I haven’t know of. The checkboxes should be limited to a 200 pixel height and used with a scrollbar, but that’s not happening.
    I’ve applied a quick fix, by adding extra custom CSS code. Now if you choose the “checkboxes” option, it should display as a 200 pixel high element, with a scrollbar, not overflooding the page.

2. There was an error in your configuration
    2a. You had the Brands and the Tags selected to return as results on the General options -> Sources 2 page, thus the plugin was returning these items as well. If you remove them from the list, it’s going to work as expected.
    2b. same as the 2a.

3. That is unfortunately not possible yet. I’m currently working on the next update, and this is one of the features I have to solve yet. I’m planning to add an option to allow displaying either the latest matching results, or results to a search phrase. I believe that is what you are looking for.

4. Same as 3. There is no date filter yet available, but it’s coming with the next update. I was already working on it for this version, but it turned out to be a really really complicated issue. (basically working out a solution that does not affect the overall search performance is the problem)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

calidewberry
    calidewberry
    Participant

Dear Ernest

Thank you for your reply.

1. That is better but there should also be a select all button as it is time consuming to turn all off if you are only looking for one of the taxonomies. Is there a way to do this?

2.) I have turned off the taxonomies in source 2 page yet it is still not returning the results which should only be portfolio posts – as selected in source 1.

3.) how long before this update becomes available?
    4.) a date filter is a very NB filter for searching posts, I wont be able to use this plugin without being able to search the date, how long before this update?

Kind regards,
    Cali

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Dear Cali,

1. Right now there is no option for that. I will add this as a feature request, this should not be too complicated to implement, so expect it with the next update.

2. You have a test custom field filter set, which is not matching the portfolio results. Once I remove it and test it on the back-end, it works as expected: https://i.imgur.com/IGqqsvZ.png
    ( no worries, I did not save the settings after changing, just changed them for the preview )

3-4. I would say 5-10 days, depending on how the tests go and how many support requests I get in that interval, as I’m always doing those first, and programming in the remaining part of the day.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.