Search not working well

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pezezzle
    pezezzle
    Participant

Dear Support,

I have purchased your plugin. Unfortunately, it’s not functioning as expected. I am trying to add front-end filters to my search feature, which should, for example, filter by price using a range bar. The prices should be loaded automatically. However, all prices from the entire database are being loaded, not just the ones relevant to the search. I am experiencing the same issues with categories, and manufacturers as well.

I have provided you with access data so that you can investigate the issue firsthand. I have already invested a significant amount of time as the plugin is quite complex. I’m not sure if I haven’t figured it out yet, but is it also possible to give the end-user the option to sort the search results, for example, by ascending or descending price, etc.?

Additionally, I find the search feature to be quite slow. I have an indexed search, but it’s still very slow. Is this normal?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards,
    Ronny Bigler

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Ronny,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

I checked the price slider, but it seems to be all right to me. The most expensive products are for 999 and the cheapest is 0, that reflects on the range slider too.

Sorting options for the front-end filters are unfortunately not possible.

I also tested the performance, and the request were returned within 0.8-1.5 seconds. That seems perfectly fine to me. You can of course fine tune the search configuration, there are many ways to get the best out of it.
    The rest depends on the server responsiveness. I highly recommend turning off any plugins which you don’t use – backup/import etc.. as those will affect the site performance in general.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pezezzle
    pezezzle
    Participant

Hi,

yes there are products in the store from 0 to 999, but if i do a search for example: windspiele, then i get a result of 3 pages with a price range from 9.90 to 44.90 but the slider shows 0 to 999.- as also the “Filter by Category” alsways shows all categories. Is this normal behaviour in your plugin?

to performece, if i test other searchengienes like doofinder, searchseluts appears immediatly oke, these are quite costly, but I assumed that with indexing, the speed should be improved, so results appears immediately. Is that not the case?

BR Ronny

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

yes there are products in the store from 0 to 999, but if i do a search for example: windspiele, then i get a result of 3 pages with a price range from 9.90 to 44.90 but the slider shows 0 to 999.- as also the “Filter by Category” alsways shows all categories. Is this normal behaviour in your plugin?

Yes, that is the expected behaviour. It will change in the future though. I am working on a significant back-end revamp with dynamically updating filter options. That being said it can have a huge performance impact overall, so we have to be very careful with the implementation.

to performece, if i test other searchengienes like doofinder..

That is definitely the case, but it is still very limited to the server speed. You can’t compare to plugins like doofinder that is SAAS product, not a standalone solution. If you take a 5 year period, that costs over 2000€ for the basic plan not including taxes (if the price doesn’t change..), while with Ajax Search Pro you only payed 39$ and that is it. That’s ~5% of the cost for 5 years and ~2.5% for 10. That is very significant difference. Not to mention there are absolutely no limitations on the plugin, you will get all the future updates.
    Those SAAS plugins are absolutely superb as the actualy service runs on their servers and it is very very fast – but they come with a price, which is reasonable.
    In this case the price is a bargain, but unfortunately the plugin is limited to the host server performance.

We are doing our best to ensure the least possible impact for the server to get the best possible results with the most efficient queries, but there is only so much we can do with a self hosted solution. I hope you understand.

You can still experiment with the custom ajax handler as well as the cache. Those can have a significant impact aside from the index table.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

pezezzle
    pezezzle
    Participant

thank you very much for the feedback. Yes, you’re right. Of course, I don’t expect the same performance from a plugin which, in my opinion, offers a very good price-performance ratio, as from a plugin which is so expensive and is based on SAAS. Many thanks for answering my questions.

Best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.