Search not working with Wptouch mobile pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search not working with Wptouch mobile pro

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vix02
    vix02
    Participant

i am using wp touch mobile , the search is not working like desktop on wptouch mobile theme

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details. I cannot see the search bar in mobile view anywhere. Can you please link to a page where the plugin is active in mobile view? I will check the issue then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vix02
    vix02
    Participant

thats what i am saying , that i am using wp touch mobile pro plugin on this site

i have attached picture you can see search button press it , but it does not give live search

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay, I see. If the automatic replacement does not work, that means, the theme probably has an integrated search bar in the header, which is not possible to replace via hooks. Probably the only way to replace that is manually via a child theme by editing the source files.
    You might have to ask the theme developer which is the corresponding file to edit. After that, I can suggest a possible modification to it to replace the search with the plugin shortcode.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vix02
    vix02
    Participant

That should be the functions.php file but if it does not exist then the developer would have to create the file.

this is the message we got from wptpuch plugin support team in answer to your query

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well that is not too helpful of them. Can you please add temporary FTP access? I will check that file, maybe there is something in it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vix02
    vix02
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vix02
    vix02
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks. I found the file, it is the /default/header-bottom.php
    I made a copy of it in the child theme directory, with the search bar replaced, currently with search ID=2, which I made for testing, as there were no search instances.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vix02
    vix02
    Participant

thank you this works great now

vix02
    vix02
    Participant

but one question , this search results ( vertical layout ) or for that matter any layout comes over the adsense ads , does it violate adnsese policy ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I don’t think so, because the search requires an action to display the results, they don’t hover over the ads by just opening the page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.