Search only certain types of taxonomy

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search only certain types of taxonomy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by timlees75 timlees75 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    timlees75
    timlees75
    Participant

Hello

My client would only like to be able to search tags. Unfortunately Yoast Premium is filling the term tables with data for their Insights facility and this is being included in the results. Is there a way to only search one taxonomy type (ie ‘post_tag’)?

My other question relates to search tags. My client would like the user to have the option of comma separated search phrases – eg restaurant, Indian with the exact matches setting on . This should drill down the results to only include those articles with restaurant and Indian tagged. I have not found a way of doing this with the logic settings and I don’t think it is doable but I just want to confirm that? The best I have got it is using the or secondary logic but this is including all results with those tags as expected.

Thanks Tim

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

In this case using the index table engine is the only way – because there you can select which taxonomies to index, in your case only choosing the post tags will do the trick.

The second issue is a bit more complicated, it might not be possible. Using the default ‘AND’ logic + the index table engine could work in a similar way, but it will always match other fields as well, so not only the post tags, but any other field that is indexed (content, titles etc..)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

timlees75
    timlees75
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Ernest

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.