Search only partially detecting some items

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search only partially detecting some items

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lswan
    lswan
    Participant

Hello. I am hoping this is a relatively simple fix

I am using Index Search. I am using WordPress File Download which I can add into the index, and have run the indexing.

However when I search for specific files, weirdly they show up in the suggestions but not in the search itself (image 1)- and the custom post type for the downloads is in the search’s box (image 2)

Also, the width of the results box isn’t quite as big as the search box, is there a field for this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Indeed, there was something wrong with the search there, but I managed to resolve it.

This was actually a tough issue to debug, but I found that the regular engine was working with that post type. I had to do a few tests on the plugin source on our local server to find out the cause. It turns out, that wpfd does actually change the mime type of the wpfd_file custom post type, however the index table engine did not expect that, as it is usually only used on the media attachments. The resolution was very simple, I just added the pdf and html mime types to the index list: https://i.imgur.com/TbEC0nB.png
    And that’s it, the post type fields are now correctly indexed, and you should see them in the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

lswan
    lswan
    Participant

Fantastic!

Thanks for the help, and thank you for a fantastic plugin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.