Search page status doesn't update

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search page status doesn't update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kukonro kukonro 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kukonro
    kukonro
    Participant

Hello guys
    got pro version of Ajax search, and customized one of my searches for search page, with showing results in a custom selector holder (#search-results), results are showing. The only problem is that the status is not showing anywhere, like “nothing found”, “results {count}” etc. in preview mode it is all showing, but not on my page. is there anything else I should set on that page in order to get that search status shown?

Screen attached.

Thanks
    Sergiu

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

If I undestand correctly you have it on a results page, and use the live results loader feature. The resuls counter/nothing found has no effect on that, as this is a theme related feature in this case. Those elements only affect the live results, when the plugin displays them in it’s own live results container.

If you are editing the theme, you can add these messages there, within the #search-results element. I believe the results count can be obtained like so:

global $wp_query;
    echo $wp_query->found_posts.' results found.';

..and to check if there are any results, you can wrap the results list within

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>
       // Print results list here
    <?php else : ?>
       // No resulst here
    <?php endif; ?>

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kukonro
    kukonro
    Participant

yes, helps a lot.

thanks for clarifications

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.