Search post titles not returning results ??

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search post titles not returning results ??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by eberswine eberswine 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eberswine
    eberswine
    Participant

I am having the toughest time with setting up a new “News” search ( just for Posts )

When I search for “example ‘joe gray’ ” it is NOT returning search results.. Even though there are many many articles with ‘Joe Gray” in the title ??

Here is my search box:
    http://trailrun.wpengine.com/dds/
    Search box here:
    https://trailrun.wpengine.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=asp_settings&asp_sid=4#1

Please help!! Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The issue was the custom code that filtered the events that I previously suggested, as it affected all search instances. I have made a modificaiton to it, now it will only affect search ID=1.

Also, I noticed that the search instance=4 ‘news imported’ is imported from a newer plugin version (4.13.1) while the site is running an older (4.13). That is not going to work that way, the imports are backwards compatible, but importing from a newer release may cause issues. Instead, I suggest creating a new search instance, and deleting this one. The ‘test news’ instance should work, as it looks like it is created within this release.

For reference, here is the modified code version:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

eberswine
    eberswine
    Participant

This is perfect! THank you.

Just uploaded the new install of ASP

This is my staging site, so now I need to make changes to the live site.

Thanks so much!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.