Search Pro Stalls site periodically and does not give results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Pro Stalls site periodically and does not give results

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tristan Bethe Tristan Bethe 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tristan Bethe
    Tristan Bethe
    Participant

Hi,

Just purchased a copy of Ajax Search Pro. What I want to achieve with this plugin is to search both the products (tags, categories, descriptions) we sell plus other pages as well like blog posts etc. We are using woocommerce.

You check the site here: https://humanalloy.com

I’ve installed the plugin and played around a bit with it until it froze both the frontend as backend of the site. Eventually a 504 timeout occurred. I removed the plugin via ftp to get acces again.

Trying to install the plugin a second time I thought it would be useful to record my whole process:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afiWfP_tSq0&feature=youtu.be (hidden link)

There are 2 problems with which you might help me:
    -I am not getting any search results, the search box seems to perpetually shows the rotating search icon.
    -What are those freezes? You can see the first Freeze at ~13 minutes and second at ~20 minutes.

I am leaving the red search box on the site as seen in the video. I’ve attached the latest 100 lines of the error log.

Could you have a look? I given you access via a temp admin account.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, I’ve checked your configuration, it looks all right.

At first I suspected it might be a server related issue, but it’s definitely not the case here. Everything is responsive as it should be, so I started to slowly change the configuration, until I found the reason. If I remove the product and the product_variation custom post type from the sources, it starts working as normal again.

I’m almost certainly sure it’s not WooCommerce doing it by default, as I’m not able to re-create the issue on my test servers. I see you have a few WooCommerce related plugins there as well, so my guess is that when getting the product information or post processing, something somewhere cathes an infinite loop and the process is just terminated without result.

The server log only reveals that the processes were not responsive, but no other information is revealed. A possible way to resolve this is to go through the search code step by step, and hope to find a section which may affect this infinite loop to trigger – and perhaps find the relation to which plugin it points to (if any). For that I will however need temporary FTP access as well, to be able to make changes to the plugin code directly. I will then make a lot of test searches while changing the code, to see where it starts responding. Can you please add temporary FTP access as well? Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Tristan Bethe
    Tristan Bethe
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much, this helped me a lot.

I have found that the issue was not related to another plugin at all. It was an issue with the filtering of WooCommerce products when they are set to invisible or hidden from search. At some point the query was simply not finishing for a still unknown reason to me, but I was able to find another, possibly better solution and changed the search code accordingly. The search should work now as expected.

I will implement this solution to the upcoming version of the plugin, so you won’t have to worry about a potential update overriding the changes 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tristan Bethe
    Tristan Bethe
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Yes it works! Nice, now let the customizing commence! Thanks for you excellent help. I have an urge to give you 5 stars somewhere. Which place would help you the most?

Thanks,

Tristan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tristan Bethe
    Tristan Bethe
    Participant

Thanks, yes please close the ticket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Search Pro Stalls site periodically and does not give results’ is closed to new replies.