Search Product Tags

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way for product tags to be picked up in the search and displayed in a similar fashion to search a title/content? At the moment, the tags are search and appeared to be grouped together, see attached – if I search “weight plates” – 17 at the bottom.

Thanks,

Keith

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

I’m not sure I understand your request correctly. Do you mean searching the products by product tags? It is possible, by enabling this option.
    Currently, you are seeing the product tag “Weight Plates” as results when searching “weight plates”, because on the General Options -> Sources 2 panel it is selected to be returned as result. If you don’t want them as results, then make sure to turn these options off.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Hi,

I have my primary search as “and with exact matches” and secondary as “AND” but there was 17 search tags with “weight plates” – these should be first and they are not. They are mixed with products that are “weight” and “plates” appearing somewhere but not as an exact phrase.

If I change the logic to “AND Exact match only” I get 17 results as shown and not in a list view. I have enabled show as results.

Thanks,

Keith

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to prioritize the results, that match the product tags? I checked your index table configuration, but the product tags are not selected for the index, so they are not searched in the first place: https://i.imgur.com/kU4dj0q.png
    First, you should make sure to select that taxonomy, and then re-index the database. That will very likely change the results order when matching the product tags.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Hi,

I believe that is the issue, I will check with the client.

Thanks,

Keith

tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to bring the group the search terms by product tags first and then by searches in product titles/content?

Thanks,

Keith

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

Sure, you can do that here: https://i.imgur.com/YEkgQVL.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Thanks – I believe that will do 🙂

tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Hi, If you allow the ajax to come up you get the results, but if you hit return you get no results found – where is the configuration / behaviour of this found?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Make sure that the search override is enabled, and clear your site cache. That should do it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdrnetworks
    tdrnetworks
    Participant

Hopefully my last question – is it possible to redirect certain search terms to specific landing pages?

Keith

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that is not possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.