Search result filtering based on search string

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search result filtering based on search string

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mensa
    mensa
    Participant

Hi,

I am now trying to build my categories now. From the Ajax Pro Search perspective, can I set / configure to display results on exact words ? Here is what I am looking for…

Ajax Search Pro setting
    =================
    Trigger search after entering 3 letter

Search result behavior (Current)
    =========================
    a. When I enter “hea”…. (I get 3 products which is correct – title has hea, excerpts has hea and tag has hea )
    b. When I enter “healthy”… (I get 2 products which is correct – excerpts has healthy and tag has healthy)
    c. When I enter “healthy tea” (I get 10 products – healthy & tea either in title or excerpts but DOES NOT consider tag. I do not see “Detox Tea” which has a product tag = healthy tea)

My expectation
    ===========
    [c][/c] When I enter “healthy tea” I expected only 1 product which has “healthy tea” in product tags.

Can you please help me understand why Ajax Search pro is not working as expected ?

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think you need a different keyword logic. I suggest checking chapter 14 and 14.1 in the documentation first.

Basically the default search word logic is “OR”, to maximize result output. Since you have a fairly big set of results, you can select a different one to get more precise ones. I suggest using the “AND” logic. You can change it on the General Options -> Behavior panel: https://i.imgur.com/z7JCPRb.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.