Search result missing Product Category hiearki

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search result missing Product Category hiearki

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Liza_Brisak
    Liza_Brisak
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve created a woocommerce shop for furniture (without payment function)
    To the products I’ve created Product Cateogries :

Outdoor Furniture
    Material
    Teak
    Chairs

Outdoor Furniture
    Furniture
    Chairs
    Relaxchairs
    Sunchairs
    Diningchars

when I do a search for example chairs
    I get a result that shows everything with chairs but…. dont show the whole tree for the category.

My list contains several rows with chairs

chairs (this conten have the following tree: Outdoor furniture – Material – Teak – Chair. And that, or at least the two last words, do I want to be displayed.

in this link you can se two pictures that describes my problems in a more visual way.
    https://eu.awp.autotask.net/2/filelink/fa35-24c16d47-abdfb771e8-2
    or
    Attached pictures

I’m from Sweden so the language you see in the attached pictures is Swedish 🙂
    I hope you can help me.
    Regards
    Caroline

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. The layout issue, which pushes the site.

By default the plugin is set to display the results in a hover layout mode – which you might have changed accidentally. On the Layout Options -> Results layout panel you can chage it back with the Results layout position option: https://i.imgur.com/N093wjb.png

2. Sub-categories?

If I understand correctly you want to display the sub (child) categories of a category, even if the search phrase does not match it, only it’s parent. For that I’ve put together a quick code for you, which will parse the child categories for all the resulting categories, and add the to the results.

Try placing this code to the functions.php file in your currently active theme directory (copy from lin 3):

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.