Search result page doesnt show attachment right

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search result page doesnt show attachment right

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    emwi36
    emwi36
    Participant

Hi!
    When I search something and land on the search result page the attachment example PDFs dont open right.. The link shows: like pages /TEXT/ and the right link would be: /TEXT.PDF
    How do we fix that? I just now has Elementor PROs Seach Result Page but its the same on wordpress original. Please not that the site is live!

And if I search eg 0,189 that is a text in the PDF I get no result on the Search Result Page but I Get results on “mini-search”. I followed your guides for elementor pro so live search is triggered on the search result page.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by emwi36 emwi36.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe there is an issue with the elementor posts archive widget – it does not support displaying attachments, at least it looks like it can’t. I have tried to debug this for over 2 hours now, and no matter what I do, attachments simply does not go to the search results.
    If I turned off attachments, it seemed to work all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

emwi36
    emwi36
    Participant

OK, If i remove Elementor Search Result page its the same. If a attachment is displayed the URL is like a post or page not .PDF (see attachment i previous post “Skarmklipp1.png”)
    I talked with Elementor support and they say they its your part, they are showing only post and pages like wordpress original.

So, your plugin does not show attachment in search result page, nor elementor or wordpress original, at all?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The search plugin does not do any displaying, it only pushes the items for display on the results page. The rest is up to the results page. If the results page is not capable of displaying attachments (or simply removes them from the list), there is unfortuantely nothing we can do about it.

I tried to forcefully change the post type from “attachment” to “page” and “post” when the results loop is sent to the results page – but that did not help either.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Most themes should support that – for example the default wordrpess theme, twenty twenty one can do it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

emwi36
    emwi36
    Participant

Ok, ill talk to Elementor support again. Do you have any hacks for opening all attachments (PDFs) in new tab or window?

edit: when i removed elementor search result page this worked: http://eyks.com.au/open-pdf-in-new-tabs-wordpress/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by emwi36 emwi36.
    emwi36
    emwi36
    Participant

Hi again! It was not the theme, removed elementor search result page and edited themes seach result page and now it works.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by emwi36 emwi36.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.