Search Result Page & WPBakery not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Result Page & WPBakery not working

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by joben27 joben27 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joben27
    joben27
    Participant

Hi,
    I have install and configure the Ajax Pro search plugin. It work pretty well, good job.

But i have a big problem concerning the page results. I’m trying to make it work with the WPBakery, but the results are not displaying.
    The live search is showing results, i then click so go to “result page”, and their, there is not result displaying. (eventhough there is result in the live search).
    In WPBakery i have try to put a “Result Shortcode” block and also a “2 column shortcode”. But no results are displaying.
    Here is a test page, which contain differents test block but give no result on page?
    https://dev.kulte.org/3941-2/?asp_ls=tes

I have added 3 printscreen to explain.
    1) On the first it’s the WPBakery Builder page, to show how i built the test result page.
    2) The page result on front, after doing a search… we can see results are not displaying
    3) the page result with Live search showing there is result, but nothing on the “full page”

Any idea why?? Looks like it doesn’t work.

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, the plugin was not meant to build a results page with the results shortcode – but there still might be a way to do this. You are trying to redirect the search to an elementor page, but this will not work with WPBakery.

Instead of that, try this configuration: https://i.imgur.com/YjaA7Dv.png

For the results page URL use this:
    3941-2?asp_s={phrase}

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

joben27
    joben27
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your quick return.
    I have done what you said, and i still have the same result, no result are displaying on the result page.
    Only on the block “live search”, displaying on the right.

If i follow what you previously said, the plugin doesn’t manage the result page? So we have to build it entierely ?
    if that so, maybe you have some code to provide or any info to go further?

At the end, what i want to build is a page like this, as page result:
    https://dev.kulte.org/page-result/
    (page whith result categorised like in the live search). I could built it with php directly but would be easier if we can use elements from WPBakery (like postgrid or else)

Thanks again for your help

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin can redirect to the WordPress results page, and also override the results page. The results page layout always depends on the theme you are using.
    The results page is always managed by WordPress core (when the ?s=.. query argument is present), some page builders have a capability to make changes to that results archive, if the theme supports it. You should try to change the results page archive template via the WPBakery, but I am not sure if it supports that.

If you want to use a custom made page as the results page, that currently is only possible via Elementor Pro, for that check this documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

joben27
    joben27
    Participant

ok Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.