search results and customize appereance

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support search results and customize appereance

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ptzinis
    ptzinis
    Participant

General options –> Ordering = set to title ascending (both primary and secondary)
    Layout options –> search box layout = Enabled to display results by default
    Question: I notice that autopopulated results are random displayed when loading the page. Once you clear the search (click on the “x” and click again on the magnifier icon the results are displayed alphabetically. How can I “force” the autopopulated results to be displayed alphabetically on page load? (attach A – (page load) + B (closing the search) + C results when clicking back again on the magnifier)

Perhaps a stupid question 😉
    How can I customize elements such as button, dropdown, radio-buttons and so on in CSS? I need more compatibility and colors that looklike the theme options I have

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ptzinis
    ptzinis
    Participant

Sorry one more question:
    I duplicated main search, same settings but changed only “Exclude/Include results” accordingly to the requested search. In the result box, only 10 results show up and when searching for a shop in the same category “no result”

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the proper details, it helps me a lot!

The ordering on the auto populate is overridden as defined: https://i.imgur.com/EbNtdIS.png
    The latest results means, that the lastly added items are displayed first. However you can achieve the ordering defined by the primary/secodary fields, by changing the configuration like this: https://i.imgur.com/C3MSdtO.png
    In that case, it will be an empty search, but the primary/secondary ordering applies.

Exclude/Include – So, I see you have a front-end filter as well as exclusions defined. I guess you only want results from the ‘Food’ category by default. In that case you don’t need any of those exclusions and inclusions at all, since the filter will take care of that. Instead, I suggest this configuration:
    – Disabling results that does not have any relation to the chosen terms: https://i.imgur.com/E7WAm34.png
    – And disabling all exlusions/inclusions under the Advanced options panel, since those have no effect now because of the filter: https://i.imgur.com/9yR5piC.png
    – Also, don’t forget to change the auto-populate option as suggested above.
    With this configuration, items matching the filter will be displayed, and nothing else.

Well, customizing drop-downs/radios and such can be difficult, some aspects even impossible. Let me know what exactly you want to change. Backgrounds, fonts some colors might be possible to change via custom CSS.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ptzinis
    ptzinis
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂
    Quoting: Exclude/Include – So, I see you have a front-end filter as well as exclusions defined. I guess you only want results from the ‘Food’ category by default.
    Does this also affects the search box? I mean if a user is searching for a store that is not in the “Food” category will it show up in the results?
    Regarding custom CSS I would like to have the category dropdown look and feel like the dropdwon of my theme (material and with a teal color) and be placed in the center.. if you can suggest me where to look into, I can manage I guess with a few custom CSS (well I hope)

Thanks a lot

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Yes, that filter will affect the searches as well.

Well, then try something like this:

div.asp_w.asp_s select, div.asp_w.asp_sb select {
        background: white !important;
        color: red !important;
        height: 40px !important;
        border: 1px solid blue !important;
    }

This is just an example on how to change the color, height, background and the border of the select, change the colors and values as you need them to. This example outputs something like this: https://i.imgur.com/Bcxohvo.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ptzinis
    ptzinis
    Participant

Awesome.
    Thanks a lot for the quick and direct answers!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.