Search results are different

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results are different

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    art2media
    art2media
    Participant

Hi,
    we have an empty page where the search results are shown:
    https://www.bmtec.de/suchergebnisse-test/

This page shows all entries of our CPT.
    When I search for anything it works as expected.
    However, if I delete my search I expect to see all entries of the CPT again. Instead, some are missing. You can see it in the screenshots.

What am I missing here? I already set “Minimal character count to trigger search” to 0.

I included the search parameter in the URL to check and can confirm that the parameters used in the first and third screenshot are identical. Here are the parameters for reference (I disabled them again in the URL):
    ?p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&customset[]=bmtec_produkte&asp_gen[]=excerpt&asp_gen[]=content&asp_gen[]=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&current_page_id=1148&asp_s=

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps us a lot!

The only difference I can see is the number of results from the autopopulate and the empty search query. For the autopopulate it is set to 200 items, while the “regular” search seems to be the default 10.

If you change both auto-populate and the post type resulsts limit to the same number, it should be very close to indentical.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

art2media
    art2media
    Participant

Hi,

thank you, that was the setting I was missing! There are a lot of options after all^^

Cheers,
    Simon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great 🙂

If you don’t mind, I will close this topic soon and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin and have not rated already, feel free to leave a rating on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.