- April 10, 2020 at 11:41 pm #26677
Our client is having issues with the search results that they are getting on their site. The results coming back from the searches are not relative to the search terms a user inputs. For example, even searching an exact page name like “medical records”, that page will not appear in the results.
I’d like to know if someone from the support staff could log in and check the settings to make sure these are as optimized as possible for getting better contextual results based off search terms users are inputting so it’s bringing in the most relevant data.
Website is currently in privacy mode and the credentials to access the site are listed as the Ftp Username and Ftp Password.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.April 14, 2020 at 9:57 am #26695
Thank you for the details, it helps a lot. I have logged in and checked the configuration, and made some adjustments, where I found issues:
– The search logic was set to “OR”, which is not optimal for the most relevant results. I changed that as following.
– The ordering was also a problem, I have disabled the post type ordering as well.
I believe, that these should give the most relevant results, in the correct order, with a very high probability.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
April 14, 2020 at 3:47 pm #26718
Thank you so much for your help, this does seem to have greatly improved the search results on the site!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.