Search results are very slow

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search results are very slow

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by NECAnGeL NECAnGeL 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NECAnGeL
    NECAnGeL
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

You ask me to make a ticket on https://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/3357410/comments?page=77&filter=all#comment_17237727.

So i do now.

I stil have problems when i search with the tool. sometimes 15 seconds before a page will be there. I hop you see the problem.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I found the reason, although I don’t exactly know where the cause is. It looks like, that whenever the ‘POST’ method is choosen for redirection, the search gets slowed down. I’m guessing that some other plugin (or theme?) might have a function set to run on certain post requests, causing a massive delay in loading. When I switched that to the ‘GET’, it appears to have fixed the issue: https://i.imgur.com/YuxCBAk.png

I have confirmed this via testing the regular search vs ajax search override, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy4v0NTPzNs&feature=youtu.be
    With the regular the page loading was finished in 17 seconds vs the override in 14.7, about 2 seconds faster. This also includes loading all assets, but there is definitely a major difference when using the post method. When using the post method, this was much worse.

I have also disabled the frontend search options, as there was only a post type filter and a category filter active, but not used by default. I suspected that it might have been the cause, but apparently not. If you want, I can change that back. Since you were using the search within titles, I’ve also changed back the search to the regular engine. The reason is, that post titles are actually indexed by wordpress to some extent, so using the index table might not make too much difference there. I can revert that back as well, if you want to.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

NECAnGeL
    NECAnGeL
    Participant

Thanks,

Only i want content en title search when it is fast. It is still very slow @ this moment. I have now idea what to do.

NECAnGeL
    NECAnGeL
    Participant

I think i found one of the problems and that is the plugin YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter Premium. When i put this of it is very quick.

NECAnGeL
    NECAnGeL
    Participant

Hello,

Today i emailed Yith and wait for a anwser. Only now with the Yith plugin the search time is about 5 seconds. Can we make that faster if we put the caching on ?

I think that the WP Rocket cache is not working on this.

greetz Rik

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It is very hard to tell, as it also depends on the server load as well. One time it can be slower, another time faster, when lower amount of visitors.
    I would recommend using 1 search plugin instead of multiple ones, that might be the best possible solution in this case – since all search plugins serve the same purpose, to search for stuff.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

NECAnGeL
    NECAnGeL
    Participant

I have one search plug in i think. You see another one ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.